After a successful year with the 2022 GLF Youth Project Teams, the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) will be launching four new project teams in 2023. Project Teams are working groups of YIL members and alumni who work together to shape and design GLF Youth programs.
If you’ve previously participated in a YIL activity and would like to work more closely with us to organize and deliver future programs, then this opportunity is for you!
Apply by 31 January.
(Kindly note that you will be submitting a 1-minute video introducing yourself as part of the application, so we recommend that you record and upload your video to Google Drive ahead of time and have your link ready before you start).
What qualifications do I need?
- Between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Previously involved in a GLF Youth activity or an active member of Young Professional in Agricultural Development, International Forestry Students Association or Youth4Nature;
- Being a member of any of the YIL regional partners
- Comfortable with (or willing to learn) Zoom and other online collaborative tools (e.g. Google Docs, Jamboard, Canva, Miro, etc.);
- Have a strong passion for thriving landscapes and creating a more just world;
- Available to volunteer 1-3 hours per week (time commitment may vary).
GLF and YIL would like to particularly encourage young women, Indigenous youth, rural youth and other underrepresented groups as well as members of the YIL regional partners to apply.
What are the Project Teams?
Project Team members are considered part of the GLF Youth team. The Project Teams consist of groups of young professionals, scientists, and activists who contribute to a myriad of activities led by the GLF, in addition to becoming part of a strong network of solidarity for young environmentalists worldwide. This is a volunteer position, but it offers the opportunity to experience first-hand and contribute to the work of an international organization, boosting your CV and enabling you to meet amazing people from all over the world.
Regional Project Teams
The Regional Project Teams work with the GLF Youth team in designing, planning and delivering youth programs for regional audiences in three regions: Latin America & the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, and Africa.
Team members will have regular meetings with the GLF Youth team to strategically plan and implement regional programs, which may include Instagram Lives, regional policy dialogues, workshops, and networking meetings. Selected representatives will also join meetings with regional partners, support outreach to local networks, and support the translation of documents when needed. Additionally, Project Teams serve as a space for advocacy, capacity building and knowledge sharing, where you will be able to collaboratively learn about the reality of landscape management from different parts of the globe.
Specific qualifications for Regional Project Teams
- Native to the region, or living in the region with strong previous engagement in the area.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- A good command of Spanish and/or Portuguese is required to join the Latin America & the Caribbean team.
- A good command of French will be considered an asset for joining the Africa team.
The Communications and Outreach Project Team
The Communications and Outreach team will work with the GLF Youth team to expand its social media presence by supporting the outreach of the team’s pre-conference activities and competitions to a wide range of young people across various social media platforms. The team will also be responsible for creating content to promote Landscape News, GLF and CIFOR–ICRAF articles, conferences, and promotional videos to advertise youth opportunities.
The team will engage with posts on the YIL social media accounts on a regular basis and initiate meaningful conversations about the content shared via these accounts. Prior to each GLF conference, the team will meet to stay up to date on social media best practices to engage in before, during, and after conferences, and will be invited to join workshops from GLF social media experts on how to boost your social media communication and impact.