Are you a student or young professional eager to get an inside look at the work of an international organization and get unprecedented work experience? Join our youth team, support our social media team or help us prepare for an event.
How to qualify for the program
GLF is looking for young people (18-35) who are:
- Passionate about sustainable development
- Have skills in (but not limited to) the following: social media, project coordination, facilitation, digital marketing, translation
- Committed and flexible – we offer a range of roles, from one-off tasks to week-long projects
Note that these are unpaid positions but offer unique work experience at a fast-paced, actionable organization.
How to join
You can join GLF’s volunteer program in just three easy steps:
- Sign up on our GLFx platform
- Click on the ‘chapters’ tab in the main navigation and find the ‘GLF Volunteers group
- Introduce yourself in the live feed and let us know what your interests and skills are!
Why volunteer at GLF?
Gain experience at a dynamic and fast-paced international organization with partners like the UN Environment Programme, the World Bank and country governments
YOUTH IN LANDSCAPES INITIATIVE
Broaden your network, improve your communication skills, and learn about amazing projects young people are running around the world.
Learn how to use social media effectively, write for Landscape News or help run a communication campaign.
KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING
Work with scientists to develop concept notes for events, contribute to the design of learning opportunities, and facilitate the interaction and knowledge exchange among grassroots initiatives.
GLF plans and carries out large- and small-scale events year-round. Sharpen your logistic skills by experiencing GLF behind the scenes.
Help implement a digital strategy and learn about online presence, social media advertising, SEO, email marketing and much more.
Have you checked out Landscapes News? What about the Knowledge Hub? The GLF is much more than the sum of its events! Dive into the GLF community and discover what it means to #ThinkLandscape.