THE 2022 GLF VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Are you a student or young professional eager to get an inside look at the work of an international organization and get unprecedented work experience? If so, consider joining the 2022 GLF Volunteer Program, to support your favorite GLF Team or help during an event!
GLF and YIL would like to particularly encourage women, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ+ youth, disabled youth and other underrepresented groups to apply for the program.
How to qualify for the program
GLF is looking for young people (18-35) who are:
- Passionate about sustainable development
- Have skills in (but not limited to) the following: social media, project coordination, facilitation, digital marketing, translation
- Committed and flexible – we offer a range of roles, from one-off tasks to week-long projects
Note that these are unpaid positions but offer unique work experience at a fast-paced, actionable organization
How to join in three steps:
- Check your favorite team or roles below.
- Submit your application by filling out the form in the button below.
- We’ll be in touch if you are selected!
Why volunteer at GLF?
Work in a dynamic and fast-paced international organization with partners like the UN, the World Bank and national governments, where you get to network and build your CV, among other benefits.
There are two categories of volunteers:
GLF EVENT VOLUNTEERS
GLF events would not be possible without our amazing team of volunteers who support the preparation and delivery of the conferences. By volunteering during a GLF event, you’ll get the chance to join your favorite events free of charge and become a part of the Youth in Landscapes Initiative network.
Check our event schedule for 2022 here.
- RAPPORTEUR: Support the GLF knowledge team in taking notes during sessions.
- QUOTE & MOMENT CATCHER: Support the communications team in catching the most inspiring quotes and moments of the events.
- CHAT MODERATORS: Sharpen your facilitation skills by moderating online discussions.
- LIVE INTERVIEWER: Interview our special guests and speakers live on stream.
GLF teams volunteers
- YOUTH IN LANDSCAPES INITIATIVE Support upcoming projects tailored for youth
- COMMUNICATION: Write guest blogs for Landscape News or run a communication campaign
- KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING: Feed in to the design of learning opportunities, or facilitate knowledge exchange among grassroots initiatives
- COORDINATION: Sharpen your logistical and event coordination skills by experiencing GLF behind the scenes
- The GLF will review applications on a regular basis and connect with selected candidates when opportunities arise. Selected candidates can choose to accept or decline the offer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The duration and time commitment of the position can vary case by case depending on the responsibility. GLF event volunteers will generally only be required around the time of the specific conference.
- Your application will remain in the roster until the end of 2022, and we reserve the right to contact you at any point. At the end of the year, your application will be removed, and you will need to re-apply if you wish to be considered for a volunteer role in 2023.